Raft the Lehigh River in the morning to the afternoon, then dinner and drinks
When: Saturday, June 16, 2012, 7:00 AM
Where:Lehigh River Gorge, 1519 State Route 903, Pocono White Water Rafting, Jim Thorpe, PA
And of course in the high fashion of our group, this like many other events is a Fundraiser event for the
National Breast Cancer Foundation.
10%of each ticket is donated to this benevolent organization. So join us as we have fun while helping to cure cancer in our small way.
But don’t forget this is just a precursor to future big Fundraising events, creating a tight community of friends before we pull all the big guns.
We will see you then. Are you game?
Transportation and food is included in the price.
RSVP limit can be increased if needed.
the world-famous Lehigh River Gorge in Pennsylvania’s Pocono Mountains – home to one of the most popular whitewater rafting trips in the country! Here you’ll discover a close-to-home adventure that feels a world away! Awesome wilderness scenery and exciting, fun-filled rapids combine for a picture-perfect outdoor day. This trip boasts dozens of exciting rapids combined with spectacular wilderness scenery. You’ll laugh, you’ll scream and you’ll soak yourself silly!
When: Saturday June 16th (Rain or Shine)
On-River Time: 3-4 hrs
Total Time: Full Day event
And, an overnight under the starts camping! Prepare your scary stories; i think i have a few! Bring your friends, famelly and lets have some summer fun. Please Refer to our Message Board for in depth FAQ, for this Trip.
- Frequently Asked River Rafting Questions
- Rafting Checklist & Frequently Asked Questions
What to bring for Whitewater Rafting
- Old sneakers (flip flops, loose-fitting sandals, “crocs,” and bare feet are not permitted)
- Bathing suit or shorts
- Change of clothes and shoes
- Eyeglass straps
- Suntan lotion and a cap or visor in summer
- Wool hat, sweater, socks, gloves – in early spring or late autumn
- Light windbreaker (no hood)
- Driver’s license (if renting wet suits or waterproof paddling gear – 1 license per 6 suits)
- Simple lunch (at the Lehigh) – or order box lunch from our food service
Please Do Not Bring On The River!
- Alcohol/drugs (not allowed on the river or in our camping areas)
- Ice chest (these take up too much room and can pose a hazard in rough water)
- Hooded rain suits/ponchos (unsafe for use in moving water)
- Bare feet, loose sandals, “crocs” or flip-flops (unsafe on the river)
- Cotton clothing in cold weather (makes you colder when wet; use polypropylene or wool)
- Expensive camera (unless waterproof)
- Jewelry, valuables
- Wallets, keys
- Pets (not allowed on the river or in the campground)
- join us for more info go to nythrillseekers.com facebook.com/nythrillseekers